About Head On Spotlight
Head On Spotlight is a series of online, monthly, live discussions featuring acclaimed members of the photography world including photographers, photo editors, curators, publishers and more.
Head On Spotlight launched in July 2020 with the unique fine-art photographer, Roger Ballen.
Tune in every month as photographers share insights into their practice and industry experts offer their tips and tricks.
Sessions are free to Head On Annual members. Non-members may join selected sessions at a cost of AU$15.
Head On Spotlight are made possible with support from
- 31 Jan - How to pitch a perfect submission
- 3 Feb - Mark Rogers
- 3 Mar - International Women’s Day
- 7 April - Photographic Insights in 2021 with Getty Images
- 3 March - World Press Freedom Day with Michael Robinson Chávez
- 9 June - Is it still possible to make money with photography - with Chris Shain
- 7 July - Alexia Sinclair
- 4 Aug - Michael Grecco
- 15 Sept - Benjamin Lowy and Marvi Lacar
- 13 Oct - Natalie Grono, Anni Payne and Matthew Duchesne
- 3 Nov - Meet the selection committee
Submissions are now open for Head On Photo Festival 2022! Join us and learn what makes an exhibition proposal stand out to a festival selection committee.
Head On Photo Festival Director, Moshe Rosenzveig OAM, will discuss what makes an excellent submission and what is in store for Head On Photo Festival 2022.
Date: Monday 31 January 2022
Time: 12:30pm (Sydney time)
Highlights from first show